All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Biology (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2006, 05:39 AM

science-dominique is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Question Which topic for my INVESTIGATORY PROJECT is best? --HELP! =)

Hey, we were given an investigatory project for the 1st grading period in biology class. and i've come up with some ideas and i don't know which of them is best to do. I need a topic that will come up, somehow, with a good and unique result according to my hypotheses (it could benefit the environment and mankind).
I'm sorry i haven't formulated a good title yet (for according to our teacher it should be catchy), so these phrases are plainly ideas (options) only, not yet the actual project or research.

1. POWDER ON BUTTERFLIES' WINGS
i was thinking of experimenting about what could be the benefit of the pourous substance at the butterflies' wings. i know it could make humans/ animals blind, but i bet there is a hidden benefit beyond it, don't you think?

2. THE NECTAR OF FLOWERS
we all know that nectar is a great help in pollination, but i was thinking, what else could it do? what more help can it give us?

3. ALTERNATIVE USE OF TOBACCO
tobaccos are used for making cigarretes, and we must admit the fact that cigarette is severly hazardous to our health. but if the government would stop the manufacturing of cigarettes (IF EVER), we all know that cigarette industries would die and about thousands will lose their jobs and have no more means of living. so we see the need to find an alternative use of tobacco. and this time, something that is not dangerous (to everyone's health).

4. tUBa-TUBA PLANT AS AN ALTERNATIVE SOURCE OF BIODIESEL
i also thought of how to prove that tuba-tuba (Jatropa curcas) can indeed be an alternative source of biodiesel here in the philippines

5. VIRGIN COCONUT OIL: HOW...?
just wondering how could virgin coconut oil really help every human body recover from sickness, stress, and so on. what is in this oil that could not be found in other oils? does it have side effects? how did he discovery of this oil (and its benefit) originate? If it is true that it wad discovered long before the brink of world war II, then why it took them a long time to show it up to the open?

6. cAN WE POSSIBLY HAVE FOODS THAT ARE AT LEAST 95% HEALThy?
i watches oprah one evening, and i discovered that almost all of the foods we eat are not good for the heart, and may lead us to heart cancer and even the threatenning by-pass operation. accorind to dr. mehmet oz, a world-known heart surgeon, we must eat foods that are, if possible, fresh. and secondly, among the 1st five of the list of ingredients has no sugar in it! we should also aviod 'enriched flour..etc, hydrogenated bla bla bla and sat fat, corn syrup, and so on!!!
so, can we possibly live a healthy lifestlye? away from these hazardous substances that are mixed with our everyday meals and snacks?

PLEASE PLEASE REPLY, PLEASE. and if you've got some ideas for my IP (INVESTIGATORY PROJECT) aside from what i stated, or ideas about the 6 topics i listed, please send it to me ASAP. Please. I am really hoping you would reply.
THANKS in ADVANCE! GOd Bless you aLL!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

I think your topics are very good. But think about where you're going with this. You don't want to be stuck on one topic. So do a little research of everything, and then just dive into one of them. Try avoiding the harder ones.