Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
ABC Kids is a three-hour block of animated cartoons and live-action children's television shows, broadcast on the ABC network in the U.S. and on the CTV network in Canada on Saturday mornings. It was initiated in 1997 as Disney's One Saturday Morning, taking on its current name in 2002.
It was created as a successor to the Disney Afternoon, and originally featured some of the shows that had been on it. A spin-off, Disney's One Too, aired in syndication every weekday in the afternoon.
One Saturday Morning and ABC Kids have featured the following series (in order of appearance):
- Doug ("Brand Spanking New Doug")
- Pepper Ann
- Science Court
- Mickey's Mouseworks
- Sabrina, The Animated Series
- The Weekenders
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
- Teacher's Pet
- Disney's House of Mouse
- Lloyd in Space
- Teamo Supremo
- Power Rangers
- Lizzie McGuire
- Kim Possible
- The Proud Family
- Lilo & Stitch: The Series
One Saturday Morning also featured a wide variety of "wrapper" content that filled in the gaps between shows. These included:
- Mrs. Munger's class- a brief skit about a "class" consisting of a talking yearbook page.
- Manny the Uncanny- live action skit in which the eccentric Manny visits some real world location
- Great Minds Think For Themselves- short animated segment featuring the genie from Aladdin (voiced by Robin Williams) in which he profiles a famous American.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details