Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Established: April 1907
Name: Al-Ahly which means in English as National.
Shirt Color: Red
Stadium: Mukhtar EL-Tetsh (previously know as Prince Farouk)
First Football Engagement: 1916 (Sultan Hussein Cup)
Established in 1907, this is one of the oldest Egyptian clubs. The original idea came from Edrees Rageb Pasha, Omar Sultan Pasha, Ismaeel Serry, Abdul El Khalek Tharwat, Omar Lotfi, and Ameen Sammy. They came together with idea to establish a club for high school students to spend their spare time. They decided to establish a company with five thousand Egyptian Pounds. They chose El-Gezirah as headquarter and paid one third of the capital and borrowed the rest from El-Ahly bank. Ismaeel Pasha Serry had designed the building and gave the construction job to Yussef Afandi Aly for a price of LE2,250.
A name of The Ahly Club for Exercise was given to it and then was changed to Al Ahly Club for physical exercise after one year.The national hero "Saad Saghlool" was the first president of the club for one year. Then followed by Aziz Pasha Ezat for eight years, Abdul Khalik Tharwat for eight years, Gaffar Pasha for four years, Ahmed Hassanean Pasha for two years, Ahmad Aboud Pasha for 14 years. During which Al Ahly has won nine consequtive tournaments during 1947-1956.Then came Abdul Mohsen Mortagi from 1965 to 1967. Followed by Dr. Ibrahim ElWakeel till 1973. El Fareek Mortaga returned till 1980, followed by Saleh Seleem who took over the presidency and considered the first player taking over this top executive position. In 1988 Abdu Saleh Elwahsh became the president. The Shareholders decided to lay him off. Since then Saleh Seleem returned back as president again and remained in this position till present.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details