Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
In 1985, he joined the youth academy of S.S. Lazio, where he rose through the ranks playing in various positions, including striker and midfielder. His international career first showed signs of development when he played for the Italian national Under-15 and Under-16 sides. In 1993, he managed to join Lazio's first-team squad. By the way, Alessandro Nesta wears number 13.
In 1996, Nesta was a member of the Italian Under-21 team that defeated Spain to win the European Under-21 Championship, picking up the award for best defender in the tournament along the way. He made hid full international debut for Italy against Moldova on 5 October, 1996. In 1997, he was given the captaincy of Lazio. It was in the 1997-'98 season that Lazio won the Coppa Italia (Italian Cup), beating A.C. Milan in the final, with Nesta amongst the goal-scorers.
Alessandro Nesta's Honours
- 1995 - Won Italian Under-21 Championship with S.S. Lazio.
- 1996 - Won European Under-21 Championship with Italy
- 1998 - Won Coppa Italia and SuperCoppa Italiana (Italian SuperCup) with S.S. Lazio
- 1999 - Won European Cup Winners' Cup and European Super Cup with S.S. Lazio
- 2000 - Won Scudetto Serie A, Coppa Italia and SuperCoppa Italiana with S.S. Lazio
- 2003 - Won Coppa Italia, Champions' League and European Super Cup with A.C. Milan
- 2004 - Won Scudetto Serie A with A.C. Milan
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details