Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Anthony Michael Hall
After his success at playing a geek in Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club, Hall avoided similar roles for fear of being typecast. He appeared as a regular on Saturday Night Live at the age of 17, the youngest cast member ever. After a string of bizarre behavior, a tour in rehabilitation for alcoholism, and late puberty, a far more athletic Hall appeared in Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands, this time playing the part of the villain.
Hall starred in Hail Caesar , a film about a would-be rock star who works in a pencil eraser factory, which Hall also directed. Hall continues to appear regularly in major films in a variety of roles such as Bill Gates in Pirates of Silicon Valley and baseball player Whitey Ford in 61*. He also stars in The Dead Zone, a television series based on the Stephen King novel.
Hall writes and sings for his band, Hall of Mirrors.
- National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) - Russell 'Rusty' Griswold
- Sixteen Candles (1984) - The Geek (Farmer Ted)
- The Breakfast Club (1985) - Brian Ralph Johnson
- Weird Science (1985) - Garry Wallace
- Saturday Night Live (1985-1986) (television) - various
- Out of Bounds (1986) - Daryl Cage
- Edward Scissorhands (1990) - Jim, Kim's Boyfriend
- Hail Caesar (1994) - Julius Caesar McMurty
- Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (television) - Bill Gates
- 61* (2001) (television) - Whitey Ford
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details