Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Athens Olympic Sports Complex
The Athens Olympic Sports Complex is the central group of facilities for the 2004 Summer Olympics. The complex was been revamped for the games under a design produced by the Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. It is situated at Maroussi, northeast Athens, Greece.
It consists of five different venues:
- The 72,000-seat capacity Olympic Stadium.
- The Olympic Indoor Hall which hosted some of the gymnastics events and the finals of the basketball.
- The Olympic Aquatic Centre which hosted diving, swimming, synchronized swimming, and water polo events.
- The sixteen court Olympic Tennis Centre.
- The 5,250 capacity Olympic Velodrome which was the site of the track cycling events.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details