Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Beatnuts are a hip hop crew from Queens, New York City. Members are Ju-Ju (Jerry Tineo), of Dominican descent, and Psycho Les (Lester Fernandez), of Colombian descent. They are known for their production skills; early on in their career they produced a whole album for Chi-Ali . They worked together with many other rappers from Big Pun to Method Man. Jennifer Lopez used their track "Off the Books" (featuring Big Pun and Cuban Linx) for her song "Jenny from the Block". Fashion, now pursuing a solo career under the name Al Tariq , is a former member of the Beatnuts. Their first two albums were characterised by the basic kind of east coast hip hop which was en vogue at the time.
More recent Beatnuts albums are characterised by more Latin influences as well as an abundance of guest appearances; among them are Cheryl "Pepsi" Riley , Method Man, Magic Juan from Proyecto Uno, Common, Tony Touch, Greg Nice , Dead Prez, Large Professor , Triple Seis, Prince Whipper Whip , and many others.
- 1993 Intoxicated Demons - The EP (Relativity/Violator)
- 1994 The Beatnuts (Relativity/Violator)
- 1997 Stone Crazy (Relativity/Violator/Epic/Sony)
- 1998 (Relativity/Violator/Epic/Sony)
- 1999 A Musical Massacre (Loud/Sony)
- 2001 Take It or Squeeze It (Loud/Epic/Sony)
- 2002 Classic Nuts Vol. 1 (Loud/Epic/Sony)
- 2002 The Originators (Landspeed)
- 2004 Milk Me (Penalty)
- http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop2/thebeatnuts/ Unofficial fan site
- http://www.poundmag.com/magazine/features/articles/beatnuts/beatnuts.html Interview
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details