Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Bedford Hills, New York
When the railroad was built in 1847, Bedford Hills was known as Bedford Station. Bedford Hills extends from a business center at the railroad station to farms and estates, eastward along Harris, Babbitt and Bedford Center Roads and south along the Route 117 business corridor toward Mt. Kisco. Bedford Hills is the seat of government of the Town of Bedford. The Town House, built in 1927, and Town buildings containing the Police Department and Town offices are located in the hamlet. The hamlet is also the site of the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility, the largest women's prison in New York State.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details