Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune, a graduate of Barber-Scotia College when it was still Scotia Seminary, founded the Daytona Educational and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls in 1904. In 1923, it merged with the Cookman Institute of Jacksonville, Florida and became a co-ed high school. A year later in 1924, it became affiliated with the Methodist church. By 1931, it had become a junior college, and took on its present name of Bethune-Cookman College.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details