Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Bob and George
Bob and George is a sprite-based web comic which takes place in a highly parodized version of the fictional universe of Mega Man (known as "Rockman" in Japan). The comic is largely aimed for an audience aged 13 and up. It is written by David Anez, age 25, a physics instructor who lives in the midwest. The comic first appeared on April 1, 2000.
The comic's plot is made up of epic, world-saving battles and an inordinate amount of time travel as well as many comic references to ice cream. Dimension-shifting and instances of sarcastic robots (allied and otherwise) are also common.
Also see: Characters of Bob and George
- Mega Man - he is the main star: his primary mission is to destroy the evil robots and stop Wily; his secondary mission is to be an idiot.
- Proto Man - older brother of Mega Man; considered a strategic fighter and one of the coolest characters in the comic.
- The Author - the (nearly) all-powerful one that made the comic, often appearing to see how things are going, but trying not to get directly involved in the story. He's a blue/purple pallette swap of Mega Man without his helmet. See fourth wall.
- Bob - the evil younger brother of George. His alter-ego is Napalm, who has the power of fire, and is afraid of Pokémon. He is also adept at programming. He's a grey pallette swap of Proto Man.
- George - the good older brother of Bob, who is notably simple. His alter-ego is Blitz, who has the power of lightning. George values ice cream above all else. He's a light blue/blond haired pallette swap of helmetless Mega Man.
- Bass - Even less intelligent than Mega Man, Bass is a Mega Man copy made by Dr. Wily.
- Roll - Dr. Light's surprisingly foul-mouthed former housekeeper, she now enjoys blasting the crap out of anything that moves.
- Nate - A yellow demon that once tried to kill everyone. Dr. Light turned him into a humanoid-looking Yellow Demon prototype N4-T3. Unfortunately, the process seems to have rendered him mute, as he now communicates with signs and the like. He can, however, merge with other robots. Referred to as Nate because N4-T3 translates as this in leet speak.
- Chadling - A purple demon with Wolverine-like claws. When he's not in demon form, he looks like a purple version of Mega Man 7 robot master Slash Man. He enjoys ice cream as much as George, and used to work for Mynd. His serial number is C1-14D, model L1N6. Because George inhaled part of him some time ago, a bit of his material bonded with George's DNA and the two can now merge.
- Rush - The pet dog of Mega Man, who can sometimes talk, and can transform into a jet. He hates surfing jokes when he's in this mode.
- Treble - Bass' dog who hates his master. He can fuse with Bass to allow him the ability to fly.
- Mega Man X - Dr. Light's last creation, X is a super-advanced robot that can think for himself. The star of the Mega Man X games.
- Zero - X's friend, he was made by Dr. Wily, and went on a rampage that caused the cataclysm. He was put into a 100-year sleep, during which he became good.
- Dr. Light - An alcoholic who created Mega Man, Proto Man, and Roll.
- Ran Cossack - A communist robot that dies very easily and automatically comes back thanks to an instant regenerator. He was made by the daughter of villain Dr. Cossack in RockMan 4/Mega Man IV. He is a well known fan character in the Bob and George community.
- Mike - Mynd's former ninja, and now cybernetic, minion. A red/dark grey pallette swap of Mega Man with Proto Man's shield.
- Metool-D2 - an extremely powerful Metool created (accidentally) by Bob. He can only communicate in beeps and whistles.
Alternate Universe Characters
- Rockman - The alternate Mega Man bears more of a resemblance to the actual Mega Man character; he's a competent fighter and the constant foe of Alternate Dr. Wily.
- Roll - The alternate Roll is more complacent and is not given to swearing like her counterpart.
- Blues - The alternate Proto Man.
- Dr. Right - The alternate Dr. Light is not an alcoholic and speaks in a bizarre form of Engrish.
- Forte - The alternate Bass, who is Rockman's rival.
- Bob - Openly homosexual, wears a purple scarf.
- George - Blind as a result of having his eyes pecked out by the robotic bird Beat.
- Dr. Wily - An evil scientist plotting the downfall of Mega Man and Dr. Light. Forever explaining his plans in overheard soliloquy. The primary villain from the Mega Man games.
- Mynd - A Sigma-lookalike from another dimension and godmoder extraordinaire.
- Helmeted Author/Fistandantilus/"Helmut" - A dark gray/Sephiroth-haired Author that wanted to kill everyone by removing the helmet and body The Author gave him as a restraining device. The Author defeated him in less than 5 minutes and put him back into the comic as the Helmeted Author, who makes fun of the Author's blurb, situated beneath the comic.
- Evil Overlord Mike and Non-Alternate Mynd - Evil Overlord Mike is an evil version of Mike who has Non-Alternate Mynd as a minion. Unlike the first Mike and Mynd that appeared in the comic, they originate from the same universe as most of the main cast.
- Cataclysm - The event that divides the original Mega Man timeline from the Mega Man X timeline. It is only the author's theory of the division, but not necessarily accurate.
- Helmeted Author Quips - As the name suggests, they are random pictures or animations that depict the Helmeted Author doing something unrelated to the Bob and George story or pictures/animations that have nothing to do with himself altogether.
- Quirky Personalities - The Robot Masters within the Bob and George universe are plagued with personalities that render them extremely stereotypical in relation to their name.
- Plot Hole - A catastrophic event of universal reach that'd completely obliterate the Bob and George universe. Fortunately, there are none.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details