Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Brownell-Talbot School is Nebraska's oldest school, founded in 1863, and the state's only private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school. It is located in Omaha, Nebraska. It is a prep school in name but does in fact offer pre-kindergarten through high school.
Onn September 17, 1863, the Episcopal Bishop of the Northwest Joseph Cruickshank Talbot opened Brownell Hall as a girls' boarding school; its name honored Thomas Brownell , the Bishop of Connecticut, who had raised much of the money necessary to open the school. It was located at twenty-fourth and Grand streets, three miles outside of Omaha, Nebraska; the building had formerly been the Saratoga Springs Hotel.
The school is presently located on Happy Hollow Boulevard at the former site of the Happy Hollow Country Club . It borders on Omaha's Memorial Park.
Notable alumni and former students
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details