Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
C-evo (computer game)
C-evo is an empire building game, dealing with the history of man from the antiquity until the future. This includes aspects of exploration and expansion, war and diplomacy, cultivation and pollution, industry and agriculture, research and administration.
The game can be played against the computer and/or "hot seat" with other humans.
On the C-evo website the game and its source code and player contributions such as additional nations and AI modules are available.
The game has an open AI interface, which means the player can replace the standard AI contained in the package by other AI algorithms, either for all or for single nations. The documentation of the AI's DLL-interface is available from the project homepage. There is also an AI development kit.
Some notable differences with Civilization 2 are:
- AI plays by the same rules as humans and does not cheat behind the scenes.
- Irrigation does not require nearby sea or river.
- You can't immediately apply advances that you traded from other nations. You need to do some reduced research in order to understand the new technology.
- Military units do not automatically become available with certain advances, you need to design and research them.
- Some terrain types are hostile, dealing damage to ground units.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details