Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
CHR is an abbreviation for contemporary hit radio, a radio format that has become fairly common in the United States and Canada as of the 2000s decade. CHR is the contemporary brand for the tradition of top 40 radio. The format focuses less on playing new music as it does on playing songs that have become hits in recent years or decades. There are several subcategories, dominantly focusing on rock, pop, or urban music. A more thorough list would include:
- CHR/dance – playing dance remixes of popular songs
- CHR/urban – focusing on hip-hop and R 'n' B.
- CHR/pop – often similar to urban, but with more focus on alternative and rock hits
- CHR/80s – arguably now an "oldies" format, this is quickly gaining popularity
- Contemporary hit music radio. TVRadioWorld.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details