Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine is the highest body in the system of bodies of executive power of Ukraine. The Cabinet is responsible to the President of Ukraine and is under the control of and accountable to the Verkhovna Rada (parliament). It is composed of the Prime Minister, the First Vice Prime Minister, three Vice Prime Ministers and Ministers.
The Prime Minister is appointed by the President with the consent of more than one-half of the parliament. The personal composition of the Cabinet is appointed by the President on the submission of the Prime Minister.
Members of the Cabinet and chief officers of central and local bodies of executive power do not have the right to combine their official activity with other work, except teaching, scholarly and creative activity outside of working hours, or to be members of an administrative body or board of supervisors of an enterprise that is aimed at making profit.
The Cabinet issues resolutions and orders that are mandatory for execution. Normative legal acts of the Cabinet, ministries and other central bodies of executive power, are subject to registration. Failure to register invalidates the act.
- Prime Minister: Yuliya Tymoshenko
- First Vice PM: Anatoliy Kinakh
- Vice PM on Territorial Administrative Reform: Roman Bezsmertnyy
- Vice PM on Eurointegration: Oleh Rybachuk
- Vice PM on Humanitarian Policy: Mykola Tomenko
- Agrarian Policy: Oleksandr Baranivskyy
- Internal Affairs: Yuriy Lutsenko
- Economy and European Integration: Serhiy Teryokhin
- Foreign Affairs: Borys Tarasyuk
- Culture and Arts: Oksana Bilozir
- Defense: Anatoliy Grytsenko
- Education and Science: Stanislav Nikolayenko
- Health: Mykola Polishchuk
- Environmental Protection: Pavlo Ihnatenko
- Fuel and Energy: Ivan Plachkov
- Labor and Social Policy: Vyacheslav Kyrylenko
- Industrial Policy: Volodymyr Shandra
- Transportation and Communication: Evhen Chervonenko
- Family, Children, and Youth: Yuriy Pavlenko
- Finance: Viktor Pynzenyk
- Emergencies and Affairs of Population Protection from Consequences of Chornobyl Catastrophe: David Zhvania
- Justice: Roman Zvarych
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details