Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Anthropology consists of the study of humankind. Central to anthropology is the concept of culture and that our species has evolved a universal capacity to conceive of the world symbolically, to teach and learn such symbols socially, and to transform the world (and ourselves) based on such symbols.
Unwritten articles in this category:
- The Civilized World (What is and defines the Civilized World? Which nations belong in it, and which are not Civilized?)
- Hamman-Todd collection (important historic collection of human skeletal remains)
- Terry collection (important historic collection of human skeletal remains)
- Anthropological Research Facility (also known as "the Body Farm")
- William M. Bass Donated Skeletal Collection
- Thomas Dwight (1843 - 1919) physical anthropologist
- Ales Hrdlicka (1869 - 1943) physical anthropologist
- Earnest Hooton (1887 - 1954) physical anthropologist, Professor at Harvard University
- T. Dale Stewart (1901 - 1997) physical anthropologist, curator at Smithsonian Institution
- J. Lawrence Angel (1915 - 1986) physical anthropologist, Professor at Harvard University
- Ellis R. Kerley (1924 - 1998) physical anthropologist
- William M. Bass physical anthropologist
- Clyde C. Snow physical anthropologist
- Arthur Kemp
- Douglas H. Ubelaker physical anthropologist, curator at Smithsonian Institution
- Richard L. Jantz physical anthropologist
- Wilton M. Krogman physical anthropologist
- Wiliam R. Maples physical anthropologist
- Mildred Trotter physical anthropologist, curator at Smithsonian Institution
- American Indian land claims
- Dilatory Domiciles (Periodic updates of Social Register?)
- Mkodos (tribe, Madagascar)
- Chief Jean Baptiste de Richardville
- Social Register Association (organization that decides who gets into the Social Register)
- Uyghurs, ethnic group of NW China w/ separatist movement, plaid-clad mummies, & genetics atypical for Asia. Article needs to be expanded.
SubcategoriesThere are 11 subcategories to this category.
Articles in category "Anthropology"There are 74 articles in this category.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details