Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
In 1816 the districts Cochem and Zell were created, after the area went to Prussia. In 1969 the Zell district was dissolved and its northern and middle parts were added to the Cochem district, which was renamed Cochem-Zell.
The district constists of three different landscapes. The Moselle River valley with its wine hills, and the mountains of the Hunsrück in the east and Eifel in the north and west. The highest elevation is the Höchstberg with 616 m, located in the Eifel.
Coat of arms
|The upper part of the coat of arms show the main feature of the coat of arms of the Zell district, the cross of Trier, as the bishops of Trier had a castle in Zell. The horn stands for the territory of Beilstein. The lion in the bottom is the symbol of the Palatinate, the counts of the Palatinate had a castle in Cochem.|
Towns and municipalities
- Official website (German)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details