Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Comodoro Rivadavia is a commercial and transportation center of the surrounding region and is important as the export point for a leading Argentine petroleum district. A pipeline conveys natural gas from Comodoro Rivadavia to Buenos Aires. The city is modern, with the air of an oil country boomtown. Founded in 1901, Comodoro Rivadavia has been prosperous since 1907, when a drilling crew searching for water struck oil.
The city was at one time the territorial capital of Comodoro Rivadavia Territory which existed from 1946 to 1957. The territory was a part of Chubut before and after its creation. Population (1991) 124,104.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details