Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Cosmic Era is the timeline that the anime Gundam Seed and its sequels and spinoffs take place in. This "alternate universe" of Gundam is noted for its similarities with the original Universal Century, however it is marked with more contemporary themes, such as the effects of genetic engineering, and portrayals of the futuristic equivalents of racial discrimination and ethnic wars.
With Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, the Cosmic Era universe is the only Gundam universe after the original Universal Century with multiple TV series (two so far). Before that, the second most developed universe was the Gundam Wing After Colony universe, with one TV series, one OVA series and a compilation movie. The classic Universal Century universe remains by far the most developed one, with four TV series, four OVA series, seven movies (with two more in production) and various digital animations, specials and games, not to mention manga.
- Gundam SEED, 50 episodes
- Gundam SEED: Special Edition - 6 OVA, recap
- Gundam SEED Destiny, currently airing
- Gundam SEED Astray, various manga and specials
- George Glenn reveals that he is a Coordinator
- the Zodiac Alliance is formed
- George Glenn is assassinated by a young Natural who is angry because he was not been born a Coordinator. The PLANT Supreme council is formed.
- first Mobile Suit developed; Zodiac Alliance renames itself ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty)
- ZAFT rolls out the ZGMF-1017 GINN, the first fully-functional mobile suit
- the Atlantic Federation begins mobile suit development program
- the Earth Alliance is established by Alaska Declaration after a terrorist attack wipes out the United Nations on the moon in the Tragedy of Copernicus.
- 70, February 11
- the Bloody Valentine War begins
- 71, September 26
- hostilities end with a cease-fire after the Second Battle of Jachin Due
- early 72
- Treaty of Junius signed, formally ending the Bloody Valentine War
- late 73
- Armory One Incident, Junius Seven Colony Drop: Second Bloody Valentine War begins
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details