Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Michael John Lockwood (August 25, 1971-November 6, 2003) was a professional wrestler born in Anaheim, California) best known as Crash Holly the storyline cousin of Hardcore Holly in World Wrestling Federation (now World Wrestling Entertainment). He was best friends with wrestler Steven Richards.
- Height: 5' 9
- Weight: 225lbs
- Trained By: Jerry Monti, Michael Modest, Ric Thompson
- Previous Identities: Crash Holly, "Leprechaun" Erin O'Grady, The Green Hornet, Johnny Pearson, Green Ghost, Mad Mikey
- Finishing/Signature Move(s): The Crash DDT, Crash Landing, Hurricanrana
He made his wrestling debut in 1989 and competed in Bay Area Wrestling from that year until 1994. He used the alias Johnny Pearson during his stay. In 1996, Lockwood moved to All Pro Wrestling (APW), where he became "The Leprechaun" Erin O'Grady.
After viewing a tape of O'Grady and Mike Modest , Taz contacted Lockwood about joining ECW. Prior to entering the World Wrestling Federation, he competed in Monterrey, Mexico under a mask and alias of the Green Ghost.
Lockwood (now using the name Crash Holly) entered the WWF as the cousin of Hardcore Holly here he found moderate success of which his most notable achievement was seen at the "SmackDown!" television tapings on February 22, 2000, defeated Test for the WWF Hardcore Championship, and decreeing that the championship belt would be defended 24/7, he would later to go to win this title 21 times. Also in 2000, his other on-screen "cousin" Molly Holly was introduced.
Later during the brand split after the company was renamed WWE, he was drafted onto the RAW roster but found little success. Then Holly was sent to SmackDown! by Eric Bischoff in the midst of a match with Jeff Hardy and joined with Hardy's brother Matt and Shannon Moore but still he could not find the success he once had and was released.
On November 6, 2003, Mike Lockwood's life came to a tragic end after apparently choking on his vomit while passed out in Richards home in Navarre, Florida after a party1. Toxicology tests released in February 2004 showed that he had overdosed on painkillers and alcohol. He was reportedly extremely depressed during the week leading up to his death; according to some reports, his estranged wife had just served him with divorce papers.
- 21-Time WWE Hardcore Champion
- 1-Time WWE Tag Team Champion with Hardcore Holly
- 1-Time WWE European Champion
- 1-Time WWE Light Heavyweight Champion
- 1-Time PPW Tag Team Champion
- 1-Time PPW Young Guns Champion
- 1-Time APW Light Heavyweight Champion
- 1-Time IWA Junior Heavyweight Champion
- 1-Time IWA Hardcore Champion
- 1-Time MEWF Cruiserweight Champion
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details