Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Crown names several entities associated with monarchy:
- A crown (headgear), the headgear worn by a monarch.
- The Crown, a term used to separate the government authority and property of the government from the personal influence and private assets held by the current Monarch of a kingdom. Compare Crown colony, Crown land.
- Crowning, a Russian novel.
Crown is also the name of several currencies:
- the British Crown (coin)
- the Czech and Slovak Koruna (crown)
- the Danish krone (crown)
- the Estonian Kroon (crown)
- the Icelandic Króna (crown)
- the Norwegian krone (crown)
- the Swedish Krona (crown)
In first-person shooters, crowning is the act of shooting an opponent in the back of the head with a shotgun, and is considered a grave humiliation.
Other entities and concepts named crown include:
- Crown of the Polish Kingdom, territories of the Kingdom of Poland
- Crown College, one of the residential colleges at the University of California, Santa Cruz
- Crown International , Elkhart, Indiana, tape recorder and amplifier manufacturer.
- Crown Records, a record label
- Crown (anatomy) , the top of the head
- Crown (dentistry), a dental treatment
- Crown (game) , a computer game
- Crown of Thorns
- The Crown (band), is a metal band
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details