Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
It is the most easily available from the downtown by the suburban railway HÉV. It is connected to the neighbouring southern parts of Pest, Ferencváros and Pesterzsébet, by bridges, and to Soroksár by a ferry. There are several bus lines running inside the district.
It became part of Budapest in 1950. Formerly it belonged to the working class and had several factories (there was even a bicycle made Csepel); today it is a residence of middle-class people. It contains housing estates as well as town-like areas and parks.
Among its sights can be mentioned the Baroque parish church built in 1770, and the Csepel Gallery and Museum of the Local History. The Csepel Collection of Factory History may also be worth a visit.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details