Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Cumberland County, Nova Scotia
The name Cumberland was applied by Lieutenant-Colonel Robert Monckton to the captured Fort Beausejour on June 18, 1755 in honour of the third son of King George II, William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, victor at Culloden in 1746 and Commander in Chief of the British forces. The old Mi'kmaq name for the area was "Kwesomalegek" meaning "hardwood point".
- Official Website of Cumberland County, Nova Scotia
- Government of Nova Scotia, Municipal Services map of Cumberland County
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details