Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
She is perhaps best known for her 2001 hit song "Thank You", which was used by the rapper Eminem as the basis for one of his own hit singles, "Stan". (Dido also appears in the song's video, portraying Stan's long-suffering girlfriend.) "Thank You" was her debut single, taken from the album No Angel, which was the top-selling album of 2001 in the United Kingdom. She has a brother, Rollo Armstrong, with whom she often collaborates. He is from the group Faithless, and she had a #6 single in 2002 when featured on their single, "One Step Too Far". Her second album, Life For Rent, was released September 30, 2003.
All chart positions are UK.
- No Angel - June 1999 - highest chart position 1
- Life For Rent - September 2003 - highest chart position 1
- "Stan (Eminem ft. Dido)" - December 2000 - highest chart position 1
- "Here With Me " - February 2001 - highest chart position 4
- "Thank You " - May 2001 - highest chart position 3
- "Hunter / Take My Hand " - September 2001- highest chart position 17
- "All You Want " - December 2001 - did not chart
- "One Step Too Far (Faithless ft. Dido) " - April 2002 - highest chart position 6
- "White Flag " - September 2003 - highest chart position 2
- "Life For Rent" - December 2003 - highest chart position 4
- "Don't Leave Home " - April 2004 - highest chart position 21
- "Sand In My Shoes " - September 2004 - highest chart position 15
- Dido's album Life for Rent features the hit single "White Flag", whose video features actor David Boreanaz, star of American TV vampire series Angel.
- Dido co-wrote the popular Britney Spears' song "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" off of the 2001 album Britney. It was also featured on the soundtrack to the film crossroads. She "won" a Razzie Award for Worst Original Song in 2002.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details