Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
First written reference of the town of Dolný Kubín dates from 1314. It was founded in the 14th century and initially belonged to the Orava Domain. It was granted town privileges (town status, town charter) in 1632, and its importance was further strengthened in 1632 when the town was granted the right to hold markets. In 1683 the town became the seat of the Orava county and in 1776 also the seat of a processus district.
The town experienced major developments mainly after WWII, when electrical works as well as other enterprises were established.
Dolný Kubín in pictures: Vlado's Virtual Photo Gallery
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details