Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Eau Claire City Council
The Eau Claire City Council has eleven members made up of a president, five aldermanic members and five at-large members.
This is the governing body of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, a city without a mayor. The City Council meets in City Hall, in Downtown Eau Claire.
Types of City Council Members
Aldermanic District Members
Five of the council members are elected from the five different aldemanic districts in Eau Claire. They are elected in odd-numbered years.
At Large Members
These five council members are elected at-large by the entire population of Eau Claire. They are elected in even-numbered years. Every voter gets to pick their top-five choices for the seats.
The Council President
Since Eau Claire has no mayor, the Eau Claire City Council President is elected at-large to serve as head of the City Council. They are elected in odd-numbered years.
Current Members of the Eau Claire City Council
Howard White - Eau Claire City Council President
Note: He Is Up For Re-Election In 2005
Council Members At Large
- Hal Davis
- Raymond Hughes
- Kerry Kincaid
- Terri Stanley
- Thomas T. Vue
Note: These Members Are Up For Re-Election In 2006
Council Members - By Aldermatic District
- David J. Adler - District #1 (includes Wards 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 35, 36, 37)
- Dallas S. Neville - District #2 (includes Wards 15, 18, 25, 26, 27, 28, 33, 38, 39)
- Toby Biegel - District #3 (includes Wards 3, 20, 24, 30, 31, 32)
- Bob Von Haden - District #4 (includes Wards 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 17, 21)
- Berlye S. Middleton - District #5 (includes Wards 1, 9, 14, 19, 22, 23, 29, 34, 40)
Note: These Members Are Up For Re-Election In 2005
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details