Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Education in Mexico
Education in Mexico is highly centralized with funding and curriculum decisions taking place mostly at federal level through the Secretaría de Educación Pública or SEP (Secretariat of Public Education) even up to the College level. Educational standards are generally set by this agency. Accreditation of schools is accomplished by a mandatory registrar by this institution.
Level / Grade, Age (Years old)
- Pre-School, Nursery School
- Primary School / Primaria
- Secondary School / Secundaria
- Primero de Secundaria, 12–13
- Segundo de Secundaria, 13–14
- Tercero de Secundaria, 14–15
- Preparatory School / Preparatoria
- Primero de preparatoria, 15–16
- Segundo de preparatoria, 16–17
- Tercero de preparatoria, 17–18
- College or University, also known as postsecondary education.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details