Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Elena Baranova (born on January 28, 1972 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan) is a professional basketball player. Currently, she is a Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) player who plays for the New York Liberty. Her scoring and rebounding ability helped the women's Soviet National Basketball Team win the gold in the European Games in 1991 as well as the 1992 Olympic Games.
- Position: Forward
- Height: 6'5" / 1.96 m
- College: Moscow Academy of Sport '95
- Team(s): Utah Starzz, Miami Sol, New York Liberty (WNBA)
Started playing professional basketball at age 16; still competes in international play.
- Won the gold medal with the Soviet National Team at the 1991 European Games
- Won the gold medal with the unified women's basketball team at the 1992 Olympic Games
- Tied for the WNBA single game record for most three-point field goals made in a single WNBA game (7)
- Member of the 2001 WNBA Eastern Conference All-Star team
- Taken in the 2003 WNBA dispersal draft by the New York Liberty
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details