Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Exhibition is a word with several meanings.
Types of Exhibition
- art exhibition
- computer expo
- museums have limited engagement displays, called exhibitions
- science fair
- state fair
- trade fair
- world exhibition
- CeBIT, http://www.cebit.de/
- COMDEX, http://www.comdex.com/
- EXPONOR , http://www.exponor.com/
- Frankfurter Buchmesse, perhaps the world's greatest annual book trade fair http://www.frankfurter-buchmesse.de/
- METAL-FORUM of UKRAINE, Kiev's greatest annual trade fair for metallurgy http://www.metal-forum.org
Exhibition is a sport involving horse and riders. Rather than being exhibition sports, these equestrian events are more usually considered as competitive events. There are a range of competitive equestrian events, but the so-called "English" events are dressage, showjumping, (and hunter jumpers in the US), the three day event (or horse trials), and showing, (pleasure horse events, where the event is judged on presentation, equitation, and rideablity of the horse). Showjumping, eventing and dressage are the Olympic events, because they are the equestrian sports included the Olympic Games. The Western competition events include the working cattle events, cutting and campdrafting (an Australian sport), barrel-racing and reining (sometimes called the Western version of dressage), amongst others. The trail events are endurance riding, and the judged trail events.
At the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the term exhibition has a special meaning, being a financial award or grant to an individual student, normally on grounds of merit. The amount is less than a scholarship.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details