Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
|Ceremonial County:||Greater London|
Finchley is a place in the London Borough of Barnet.
Situated in the North of London, Finchley is divided into three:
- East Finchley, roughly speaking, the area between Highgate and the North Circular Road;
- Finchley Central (Church End), the area centred around Ballards Lane; and
- North Finchley, the area surrounding Tally-Ho Corner.
Finchley is predominantly a residential area, though East Finchley is the home to McDonalds' UK headquarters. Barnet, Finchley was the Parliamentary Constituency of Margaret Thatcher, UK Prime Minister from 1979 to 1990.
Nearest tube stations:
- East Finchley tube station
- Finchley Central tube station
- West Finchley tube station
- Woodside Park tube station
- Totteridge and Whetstone tube station
All are on the Northern Line.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details