Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Four Weddings and a Funeral
It featured a crowd-pleasing soundtrack of popular songs, including a cover version of "Love Is All Around" performed by Wet Wet Wet, a single that remained at Number 1 in the British Charts for fifteen weeks and was the second biggest selling single of all time in Britain.
- Hugh Grant : Charles
- Andie MacDowell : Carrie
- James Fleet : Tom
- Simon Callow : Gareth
- John Hannah : Matthew
- Kristin Scott Thomas : Fiona
- David Bower : David
- Charlotte Coleman : Scarlett
- Rowan Atkinson : Father Gerald
The film follows the adventures of a group of friends through the eyes of a frequently tongue-tied and social faux pas prone Englishman (played by Grant), who is smitten by the attractive American played by MacDowell. They keep meeting up at weddings (and the funeral of an ebulluent middle-aged gay man played by Simon Callow). Featuring Rowan Atkinson in a cameo playing an inexperienced priest, and John Hannah in one of his first screen roles, the movie was appreciated by audiences for its witty script (written by Richard Curtis) and the considerable charisma of its actors, especially Grant and MacDowell. The film had box-office revenues of more than $260 million worldwide.
- BAFTA Award for Best Picture
- CÚsar Award for Best Foreign Film
- BAFTA David Lean Award for Direction (Mike Newell)
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor (Hugh Grant)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Hugh Grant)
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Kristin Scott Thomas)
- Academy Award for Best Picture
- Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Andie MacDowell)
- Academy Award for Writing Original Screenplay (Richard Curtis)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay - Motion Picture (Richard Curtis)
- Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Motion Pictures (Mike Newell)
- On an episode of The Simpsons, an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon was called Four Funerals and a Wedding.
See also: Notting Hill, also written by Curtis and starring Grant.
- About Gay Movies :: Four weddings and a funeral: Synopsis, gay interest, review, quotes, pictures and more.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details