Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
Archduke Franz Karl Joseph of Austria (7 December 1802 – 8 March 1878) was father of two emperors and the grandfather of Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria, whose shooting was the occasion of the start of World War I.
On 4 November 1824 in Vienna he married Sophie Friederike Dorothee Wilhelmine Prinzessin von Bayern, the daughter of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria (1756-1825) and his 2nd wife Friederike Karoline Wilhelmine Margravine von Baden (1776-1841).
Their children were:
- Franz Joseph of Austria (1830-1916)
- Maximilian I of Mexico (1832-1867)
- Karl Ludwig of Austria (1833-1896)
- Maria Anna Caroline Pia of Austria (1835-1840)
- Ludwig Victor of Austria (1842-1919)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details