Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
In the game, a player portrays a virtual avatar called a "FreQ" (pronounced "freak"), and travels down an octagonal tunnel, with several of the walls containing musical tracks. Each track contains a sequence of notes. As the player hits buttons corresponding to the note placement on the track, the sonic energy from within is released and the music plays. If the player plays two measures of the track without any errors, the track is "captured" and the music plays automatically for the rest of the section.
Some tracks are bonus tracks and only open up when all notes are played, allowing the user to pick up "freestyle" points. Powerups are available which allow the immediate capturing of the track or the doubling of points. If a player continually misses notes, their energy meter reduces until the game is over.
High scores are achieved in the game by quickly moving from track to track, as they are completed, which increases a point multiplier. Tracks with more notes are worth more points, so choosing those over simple tracks is advantageous as well.
Some of the songs are actually "in-house" productions by Kasson Crooker, who served as a musical director for the game and is also a member of the band Freezepop. Some of his aliases include: DJ HMX (HMX standing for Harmonix, the game's developer), Symbion Project, and Komputer Kontroller.
Here is a list of bands who perform in the game, with corresponding song title, in the order they are encountered:
- The Crystal Method - "The Winner"
- Acrobatik - "Exterminator"
- Orbit - "XLR8R"
- No Doubt - "Ex-Girlfriend Remix"
- Freezepop - "Science Genius Girl"
- Dub Pistols - "Official Chemical"
- Lo Fidelity Allstars - "Lofis In Ibiza"
- Fear Factory - "FreQuency"
- Paul Oakenfold - "See It"
- Ethan Eves - "Selecta"
- Powerman 5000 - "Danger is Go"
- Orbital - "Funny Break, Weekend Ravers"
- DJ Q-bert - "Cosmic Assassins"
- BT - "Smartbomb"
- Curve - "Worst Mistake"
- Jungle Brothers - "What's the Five 0"
- Funkstar De Luxe - "Ignition"
- Roni Size - "Railing Pt. 2"
- Meat Beat Manifesto - "Dynamite Fresh"
- Juno Reactor - "Higher Ground"
- Toni Trippi - "Motomatic"
- DJ HMX - "Ibiza Dreamz"
- Symbion Project - "Funny Dope Maneuver"
- Komputer Kontroller - "Control Your Body"
- Symbion Project - "FreQout"
- Surgecore - "Luge Crash"
- Robotkid vs - "End Of Your World"
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details