Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Education and work
After the abitur in 1960 in Arnstadt Thuringia and an extra year in West Berlin, he graduated in industrial management at Freie Universität Berlin, who he finished as a bachelor of commerce. In 1971 he gets a promotion to "Dr. rer. pol". From 1968 to 1979 he worked for the "Industrial and Trading Chamber of Germany" in Berlin. From 1979 to 1982 he worked as a ressort manager at "Office for Economy of the Federal State of Berlin".
In April 1989 he worked for the Citibank, Inc. in New York City and from January 1990 to August 1991 he was of the member of the board of directors of that commercial company. He changed in September 1991 to the Treuhand in Germany, where he was a member of the board of directors until January 1993.
Rexrodt's father Wilhelm (William) was Reich Chief Executive Officer of the German Democratic Party (DDP - Deutsche Demokratische Partei) until 1933. Wilhelm was after 1945 the co-founder of the Liberal Democratic Party of German (LDPD - Liberale Demokratische Partei Deutschlands).
Günter Rexrodt was married and had a son from that marriage.
- Since 1980, Mr. Rexrodt was a member of the FDP (Free Democratic Party of Germany).
- From 1983 to 1987 as well as from 1989 to 1994 he was the alternate state chairman as well as from 2000 to 2004 he was state chairman of the FDP Berlin.
- Since 1991 he was in the member of the board of the party FDP.
- Since 1993 he was the federal treasure master of the FDP. In this office he was in the investigation about the "Flyer-Affair" from the person Jürgen Möllemann.
- At the election to the House of Representatives of Berlin in 2001 he was the top candidate of the FDP. Under his leadership the FDP returned back to the House with a final voting result of 9.9 %.
Since 1994 he was a member of the German Bundestag. Rexrodt was at his last election period (15th) over the Landesliste Berlin returned back in the Bundestag.
From 1982 to 1985 he was the state secretary in the Authority for Economy. From 1985 to 1989 he was the Senator for Economy of the federal state of Berlin, which was leaded by the governmental mayor Eberhard Diepgen . On January 21 1993, he was ordered to be the Economics Minister of Germany under the chancellor Helmut Kohl. After the federal election of 1998 he dropped out of the Bundestag (voluntary decision). This happend on October 28 1998.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details