Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Gabriele Albertini (born on 6 July 1950 in Milano) is a Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for North-West with the Forza Italia, part of the European People's Party and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Transport and Tourism .
He is a substitute for the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy , a vice-chair of the Delegation for relations with the NATO Parliamentary Assembly and a substitute for the Delegation for relations with the United States.
- 1974-1997: Manager of 'Albertini Cesare Spa', a company working in the aluminium pressure die casting sector
- since 1997: Mayor of Milan
- 2002-2003: Government delegate to the Municipality of Milan (since 2000) dealing with waste water depuration and for the emergency caused by the traffic and transport problems in the city of Milan
- Various posts held in the employers' organisation 'Confindustria'
- 1987: delegate for small business on the executive board of Federmeccanica - the Italian mechanical engineering trade union federation
- 1993-1997: Vice-Chairman of Assolombarda
- 1996-1997: Chairman of Federmeccanica
- Honorary CBE
- Official of the Legion of Honour of the French Republic
- Knight of the Grand Cross of the Norwegian Royal Order
- Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Grand Officer of the Order of St Maurice and St Lazarus
- Silver Cross of Merit of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcre of Jerusalem
- Cross of the Grand Officer of the Order of Merit
- Commander of Merit of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of St
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details