Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Gemzar is the brand name of the antineoplastic drug which Eli Lilly and Company developed. Pharmacologic ingredient is Gemcitabine and this is Nucleoside which replaced the hydrogen of 2' grades of deoxyribose of deoxycytidine by fluoride.
- chemistry name:2'-Deoxy-2',2'-difluorocytidine monohydrochloride
- generic name:GemcitabineHydrochloride
- mol. formula:C9H11F2N3O4・HCl
- mol. weight:299.66
- CAS No.122111-03-9
- melting point:287-292°C
- boiling point:N/D
- Appearance:White to off white solid
- The action machine beginning
DNA chain is extending stopped by another one nucleoside's being taken into DNA chain as much as cytidine, and adhering to DNA. Apoptosis is induced by this, and the tumor cell is driven in to the suicide.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details