Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Publishing first under the name Simon van het Reve and Gerard Kornelis van het Reve, he became known as Gerard Reve.
Infamous for breaking a rather archaic Dutch law against blasphemy in 1966. Gerard van het Reve was prosecuted for comparing his conversion to the Catholic faith to making tender love to a donkey.
Gerard Reve is the brother of Karel van het Reve.
- De avonden (The Evenings, 1947)
- The Acrobat and Other Stories (1956)
- Op Weg naar het Einde (Approaching the End, 1963)
- Nader tot U (Nearer to Thee, 1966)
- Lieve Jongens (Dear Boys, 1973)
- De vierde man (The Fourth Man, 1981)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details