Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Goo Goo Dolls
Goo Goo Dolls are an indie and alternative band, who formed in 1986. They are perhaps most famous for their international hit Iris, featured on the soundtrack to the 1998 film City of Angels. Currently, the band is a trio of three men:
- Johnny Rzeznik - Vocals, guitar (Founding member)
- Robby Takac - Vocals, bass (Founding member)
- Mike Malinin - Drums (Hired in 1995, made official member in 1998)
Other important people
- George Tutuska, drummer from 1986 to New Year's Eve 1994. He was dismissed and was replaced by Malinin. George had said that he had not received any royalty checks from the albums he had played on, providing a reason as to why he is no longer part of the band.
- Lance Diamond a Buffalo, New York entertainer who has played with GGD live on many occasions, as well as recording with them on the tracks Down On The Corner, Never Take The Place of your Man, My Girl, Do You Believe, and Bitch.
- Nathan December played as a touring guitarist for the Dizzy Up the Girl album tour.
- Dave Schultz also toured with the band on the Dizzy Up The Girl tour. He currently plays keyboard for Lance Diamond's backing band.
Discography of the Goo Goo Dolls
- Goo Goo Dolls - 1987
- Jed - 1989
- Hold Me Up - 1990
- Superstar Car Wash - 1993
- A Boy Named Goo - 1995
- Certified gold (500,000 copies sold) on 11/16/95
- Certified platinum (1,000,000 copies sold) on 2/8/96
- Certified double-platinum on 7/17/96
- Dizzy Up the Girl - 1998 (featuring Iris)
- Certified gold (500,000 copies sold) on 12/3/98
- Certified platinum (1,000,000 copies sold) on 12/3/98
- Certified double-platinum (2,000,000 copies sold) on 3/24/99
- Certified triple-platinum (3,000,000 copies sold) on 11/10/99
- Ego, Opinion, Art & Commerce - 2001
- Gutterflower - 2002
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details