Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Green Jell is an American comedy heavy metal musical group. Originally named Green Jell-O, they changed their name due to legal pressure from the owners of the Jell-O trademark, who claimed that it was an infringement on their trademark. Despite the spelling difference, the new name and the old are pronounced identically.
- 1981: Green Jell-O founded in Kenmore, New York by Bill Manspeaker aka Moronic Dicktator, and Joe Cannizarro aka Dunderhed.
- 1984: Debut album Let It Be released on their own record label American Jello Parti Production Inc. .
- 1987: Appears on the The Gong Show.
- 1989: Second LP Triple Live Mother Goose At Budokan released, with 14 people in the line-up.
- 1991: Signed on Zoo Entertainment ; the EP GREEN JELLÍ SUXX released.
- 1992: Video album Cereal Killer released.
- 1993: Re-release of Cereal Killer because of a name change to Green Jell . The single Three Little Pigs becomes a hit.
- 1994: 333 released.
- 1995: The song Blind Date appears on the compilation "MAD GROOVES "
- 1996: Born To Be Wild appears on the same-titled- movie soundtrack.
- 2001 - 2004: Doing some club gigs in Los Angeles..
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details