Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Green Park is also:
- the name given to the old Aston Clinton House site in Buckinghamshire, and;
- the name of a new business park just off the M4_motorway at Junction 11, on the outskirts of Reading, Berkshire (see www.greenpark.co.uk.
Green Park (officially The Green Park) is one of the Royal Parks of London. It was originally a swampy burial ground for lepers. In 1668 Charles II stocked it with deer to use it for hunting.
By contrast with its neighbours Green Park has no statues, fountains or lake, but consists entirely of wooded meadows. The park is bounded on the south by Constitution Hill, on the east by the pedestrian Queen's Walk , and on the north by Piccadilly. It meets St. James's Park at the Queen Victoria Memorial Gardens , opposite the entrance to Buckingham Palace.
Green Park tube station is located on Piccadilly near the north end of Queen's Walk.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details