Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Grey DeLisle (born August 12, 1972 in Ft. Ord, California ) is an American singer-songwriter-voice actress of Irish and Hispanic descent. Her childhood was very rough to start out: Her father left the family, and her mother was addicted to drugs. She was largely raised by her grandmother, Eva Flores Ruth, a vocalist who performed with salsa legend Tito Puente.
DeLisle was heavy into goth bands like The Cure, but her mother, who had become a born-again Pentecostal, made the strict rule of no secular music. In her late teens, she started singing old gospel tunes, and started in the world of stand-up comedy, on the advice of a close friend. In her comedy routine, DeLisle was able to imitate voices very well, and was then advised to take a shot at voice acting. Her first starring role came in the English version of Crayon Shin-chan, as the voice of characters Cosmo and Uma.
She didn't get another starring role until 1998, but she has since become one of America's most beloved and well-respected voice actresses.
In 2002, DeLisle got married to musician Murry Hammond after a few months of a long-distance relationship. They were even featured in an episode of The Learning Channel program A Wedding Story .
- Rugrats (1991) - Additional voices
- Crayon Shin-chan (1992) - Cosmo, Uma
- Oh Yeah! Cartoons (1998) - Vicky, additional voices
- The Powerpuff Girls (1998) - Femme Fatale, additional voices
- The Weekenders (2000) - Lor McQuarrie
- As Told By Ginger (2000) - Brandon Higsby
- Clifford the Big Red Dog (2000) - Emily Elizabeth Howard
- The Fairly Oddparents (2001) - Vicky, Tootie
- House of Mouse (2001) - Roxanne
- The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (2001) - Mandy
- Night of the Living Doo (2001) - Daphne Blake
- Whatever Happened to Robot Jones? (2002) - Moon Unit, Shannon, Connie, French teacher
- What's New, Scooby Doo? (2002) - Daphne Blake
- Codename: Kids Next Door (2002) - Lizzie
- Clifford's Puppy Days (2003) - Emily Elizabeth Howard
- Xiaolin Showdown (2003) - Kimiko
- Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003) - Padmé Amidala
- Danny Phantom (2004) - Sam Manson
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - Frances "Frankie" Foster, Duchess
- Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (2004) - Yumi
- Evil Con Carne (2004) - Maj. Dr. Ghastly, additional voices
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details