Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
This article is about firearms and similar devices. For the Chinese martial arts staff weapon see Gun (staff), for the rock band see Gun (band). For Sir Dyno's gangsta rap CD, see Generations of United Norteņos.
A gun is an aimable weapon that fires projectiles at high velocity, or a device that resembles such a weapon used for other purposes (e.g., glue gun) in common usage. The term is also used for types of artillery with long barrels that fire at a relatively flat trajectory.
The term gun is often used as a synonym to firearm, but in specialist use refers only to smoothbore firearms and naval artillery (and thus excluding rifles).
See Firearm for the main rifle and gun page.
Types of weapons
- Electrothermal-chemical technology
- Firearm action
- Physics of firearms
- Terminal ballistics
- Stopping Power
Politics and society
- List of aircraft weapons
- List of common WWII weapons
- List of crew served weapons of the US Armed Forces
- List of firearms
- List of individual weapons of the US Armed Forces
- List of modern armament manufacturers
- List of prototype WWII weapons
- List of secondary and special issue WWII weapons
- List of submachine guns
- Lists of weapons in video games
- Military technology and equipment
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details