Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
H. C. Robbins Landon
He was born in Boston, Massachusetts and studied music at Swarthmore College and Boston University. He subsequently moved to Europe where he worked as a music critic. From 1947 he did research in Vienna on Joseph Haydn, a composer on whom he would become a noted expert. His book Symphonies of Joseph Haydn was published in 1955, with the five volume Haydn: Chronicle and Works following at the end of the 1970s. He also edited a number of Haydn's works.
This list is incomplete.
- Symphonies of Joseph Haydn (1955)
- Beethoven: A Documentary Study (Thames & Hudson, 1974)
- Haydn: Chronicle and Works (Indiana University Press, 1976-1980)
- 1791: Mozart's Last Year (Thames & Hudson, 1988)
- Vivaldi: Voice of the Baroque
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details