Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
HBO Boxing is a successful TV series that has shown many of boxing's greatest fights and historic events during the last 30 years. HBO Boxing has always tried to bring only the top quality fighters and matches to HBO subscribers in the United States and various other countries worldwide.
Some other events the series has shown have included:
- The Rumble in the Jungle, where Muhammad Ali beat Foreman
- Thrilla In Manila, where Ali beat Frazier
- Larry Holmes vs. Gerry Cooney
- The Battle of The Champions, where Aaron Pryor beat Alexis Arguello in the 80's fight of the decade
- Carnival of Champions, where Wilfredo Gomez beat Lupe Pintor, and Thomas Hearns beat Wilfredo Benitez
- Marvin Hagler-Hearns fight, billed as The War
- Thunder Meets Lightning, where Julio Cesar Chavez beat Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds to go.
- The biggest upset in boxing history, where James 'Buster' Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson for the world heavyweight title in Tokyo, Japan
- The Bite Fight , where Evander Holyfield won on a disqualification over Tyson because Tyson bit Holyfield's ears
- Fight of the Millennium, where Félix Trinidad beat Oscar De La Hoya to unify the world Welterweight title
HBO Boxing has also had two spin-off series, the successful HBO's Boxing After Dark , and the short lived KO Nation .
Additionally, a video game carrying the brand name HBO Boxing was produced for the Sony PlayStation.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details