Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
|President of the|
Historically the département was part of Bigorre, a county at times independent but later part of Gascony province. Large parts of the area were held by the English after the Treaty of Brétigny, 1360. In the 16th century, it was part of the Huguenot domain of the monarchs of Navarre, brought to France by Henri IV. For its early history, see Bigorre and Gascony.
The Hautes-Pyrénées is a mountainous agricultural landscape of villages, farms, fields, upland pastures and winding mountain roads. Spanning the border between France and Spain, the département is centered around the peak of Mont Perdu .
See also: Pyrenees
- Website of the General Council of Hautes-Pyrénées: http://www.cg65.fr/
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details