Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Henry VII Lady Chapel
The Henry VII Lady Chapel is a large chapel at the far eastern end of Westminster Abbey.
The Chapel was built in 1503 by the architect and statesman Sir Reginald Bray, one of Henry VII's closest advisors. Henry VII was buried in the Chapel on his death in 1509 in a tomb designed by the Italian artist and sculptor Torrigiani , although the chapel was originally intended for Henry VI. It is one of the first examples of the Renaissance in Britain, and the chapel itself is one of the best examples of Perpendicular architecture .
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details