Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Interstate 294 is one part of an interstate tollway (also known as the Tri-State Tollway) in Illinois. It goes from Deerfield at Interstate 94 to South Holland at Interstate 94 near the Illinois/Indiana state line. The tollway used to be regarded as an alternate route to avoid downtown Chicago and its associated traffic, but over the last few decades it has been used more by commuters traveling from suburb to suburb. Interstate 294 is 53 miles (85 km) long.
For more information about the larger Tri-State Tollway, see Tri-State Tollway.
Interstate 294 has 3 of the Tri-State Tollway's 4 mainline barriers. These are located at:
- 163rd Street
- 22nd Street (Cermak Avenue)
- Irving Park Road (Illinois State Route 19)
The fourth is on I-94 by Waukegan.
Intersections with other Interstates
- Interstate 94 in Deerfield, Illinois
- Interstate 90 in Rosemont, Illinois
- Interstate 190 near O'Hare International Airport
- Interstate 290 in Hillsdale, Illinois
- Interstate 88 in Hillsdale, Illinois
- Interstate 55 in Hodgkins, Illinois
- Interstate 80 in Markham, Illinois
- Interstate 94 In South Holland, Illinois
Interstate 294 has no interchange on Interstate 57, although one is being considered. Plans for the interchange are currently at PE 1, or preliminary engineering.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details