Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Ipswich is the site of the RAAF Base Amberley, the largest operational Royal Australian Air Force base in Australia. It is the home to 1 and 6 Squadrons, flying the General Dynamics F-111 strike aircraft, as well as the 38 Squadron's Caribou aircraft.
Ipswich is also home to a satellite campus of the University of Queensland and the annual Ipswich Cup horse races. Ipswich is also the location of The Workshops Railway Museum to commerate the first trainline in Queensland which was from Ipswich to Grandchester, approximately 25km to the west.
Ipswich is the birthplace of many of Australia's great sportspeople. Former Kangaroo, Queensland, Brisbane and Ipswich rugby league player Allan Langer was born in Ipswich, along with his football playing brothers. The state and national rugby league representative Walters brothers (Kevin, Kerrod and Steve) were also born in Ipswich. Australian Test cricketer Craig McDermott was also born in Ipswich and attended, like the Walters brothers, Ipswich Grammar School.
Ipswich is the home of the controversial former federal policitian Pauline Hanson.
College & University
- University of Queensland, Ipswich
- Bremer Institute of TAFE , Ipswich, Bundamba & Goodna
- Bremer State High School
- Boonah High School
- Bundamba State Secondary College
- Ipswich Grammar School
- Ipswich State High School
- Lowood State High School
- Redbank Plains State High School
- Rosewood High
- Saint Edmund's College
- Saint Mary's College
- Woodcrest/Springfield Secondary College
- West Moreton Anglican College , Karrabin
- Brassall State Primary School, Ipswich
- St Josephs Primary School
- Karalee State Primary School
- [http://www.walkabout.com.au/theage/fairfax/locations/QLDIpswich.shtml Travel article on Ipswich from ]
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details