Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Isle of Axholme Joint Railway
The Isle of Axholme Joint Railway was built as a joint enterprise between the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (L&Y) and the ] (NER). It became joint property on 1 October 1901. The line ran from Marshland Junction , SE of Goole, to Haxey on another joint railway (this time owned by Great Northern and Great Eastern Railways) between Doncaster and Gainsborough, a distance of 19.5 miles. There was a branch line from Reedness to Fockerby on the River Trent estuary; and a freight-only branch from Epworth to Hatfield Moor .
A miniature railway called the Isle of Axholme Light Railway has a website here.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details