Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Japanese battleship Yamashiro
Yamashiro with Fuso and Haruna (more distant), Tokyo Bay, 1930s
|Laid down:||November 20, 1913|
|Launched:||November 3, 1915|
|Commissioned:||March 31, 1917|
|Fate:||Sunk October 25 1944|
|Beam:||100 feet 5 inches|
|Draught:||31 feet 9 inches|
|Armament:||twelve 14 inch guns, sixteen 6 inch, eight 5 inch DP, up to 37 × 25 mm AA|
The Yamashiro (山城) was the Imperial Japanese Navy's second Fuso-class battleship, and was laid down at the Yokosuka Naval Arsenal on November 20, 1913, launched on November 3, 1915, and commissioned on March 31, 1917. She was the first Japanese vessel equipped with aircraft catapults. The ship was named after the Japanese province where Kyoto was located.
The Yamashiro differed slightly from its sister ship Fuso in the arrangement of gun turrets.
- Tabular record of movement from combinedfleet.com
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details