Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Jeff Jarrett has wrestled for various organisations including WWE (he is a former five-time Intercontinental Champion, and one-time Tag Team Champion), and while it existed, WCW (he is a one-time WCW World Champion and two-time U.S. Champion). He currently wrestles for the company he co-owns with his father, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, and is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. He made his wrestling debut as a referee working for his father in the now-defunct USWA. It wasn't long, however, before he was making his own in-ring debut. Jeff's feud with Jerry "The King" Lawler got him noticed by Vince McMahon and he was signed by the WWF.
When he made his debut Jarrett was portrayed as a country singer wanna-be, allying himself with Brian Armstrong (best known as D-Generation X member "Road Dogg Jesse James"), then simply known as Jarrett's roadie. He soon grew tired of the country music gimmick and jumped ship to work for Eric Bischoff at WCW, Vince's closest competition.
After his arrival in WCW, Jarrett quickly aligned himself with the 4 Horsemen to fight the nWo faction. While in WCW, Jarrett held the United States Championship twice. He left WCW disgruntled by not being in the main event. He returned to the WWF, eventually reprising his old country music star gimmick and being managed by Tennessee Lee. Still not receiving fan reaction, he cast off the country music gimmick and his manager. His gimmick was repackaged and he aligned himself with the tag team Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight - dubbed "Southern Justice" (formerly known as the Godwinns).
He was portrayed as somewhat of a misogynist with the catch-phrase "Don't piss me off!", and aligned himself with his friend, the late Owen Hart, with whom he won the Tag Team Championship. Though his gimmick had changed, Jarrett kept his trademark of smashing an opponent's head in with an acoustic guitar. Later on, he feuded with Chyna before going back to WCW. He apparently quit after then-champion Stone Cold Steve Austin allegedly vetoed the proposed plan to bring Jarrett to the main event.
Back in WCW, he reformed the nWo (this time dubbed the Nashville World Order)and eventually won the World Championship.
Jarrett is now a minority owner of TNA Wrestling, and is also its World Champion.
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 230 lbs
- Birthdate: April 14, 1967
- Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee
- Trained By: Jerry Jarrett
- Professional Debut: April, 1986 
- Previous Managers/valets: The Roadie, Tennessee Lee, Jim Cornette, Debra
- Quotes: "Don't Piss Me Off!", "I am The Chosen One!", Listen up, Slapnuts!", "Choke on that, Slapnuts!", "Welcome to Planet Jarrett!"
- Finishing/Signature Moves:The Stroke (Inverted Russian Legsweep), Figure Four Leglock
- Signature Illegal Weapon: Guitar
- Movie(s): Life with Mikey (1993)
- 3-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion
- 1-time NWA North American Heavyweight Champion
- 5-time NWA Mid-America Champion
- 6-time WWE Intercontinental Champion
- 1-time WWE European Championship
- 1-time WWE World Tag Team Champion (with Owen Hart)
- 2-time WWA Heavyweight title
American Wrestling Association
- 4-time AWA Southern Tag Team Champion (3-time with Billy Joe Travis. 1-time with Pat Tanaka)
United States Wrestling Association
- 9-time USWA Southern Heavyweight Champion
- 3-time USWA Unified World title
- 1-time USWA Heavyweight title
- 14-time USWA Tag Team titles (2-time with Brian Christopher, 1-time with Cody Williams, 2-time with Jeff Gaylord, 4-time with Jerry Lawler, 2-time with Matt Borne , 3-time with Robert Fuller))
- 1-time USWA Western States Tag Team titles (with Robert Fuller)
World Class Wrestling Association
- 2-time World Class Light-Heavyweight Champion
- 3-time WCWA Tag Team Champion (1-time with Kerry Von Erich, 1-time with Matt Borne , 1-time with Mil Mascaras)
Championship Wrestling Association
- 1-time CWA (Memphis) Heavyweight Champion
- 2-time CWA (Memphis) International Tag Team Champion
- 1-time CWA (Memphis) Tennessee Tag Team titles
- 2-time CWA Heavyweight Champion
- 1-time CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Champion
- 2-time CWA International Tag Team Champion (1-time with Pat Tanaka, 1-time with Tojo Yamamoto)
Continental Championship Wrestling
- 1-time CWF Alabama Heavyweight Champion
Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling
- 1-time Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling American Heavyweight Champion
- Pro wrestling Illustrated 1992 Feud of the Year Award (with Jerry Lawler, versus The Moondogs)
|NWA World Heavyweight Championship Reigns|
Ron "The Truth" Killings
Ron "The Truth" Killings
|WCW World Heavyweight Championship Reigns|
"Diamond" Dallas Page
-  - http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-59431 - TV Tome biography
-  - http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling - Wrestling Information Archive
-  - http://www.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/jarrett.html - SLAM! Sports biograpy
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details